The family was the first institution created by God between a man and a woman. Baby Dedication is when we give back to God what belongs to Him as exemplified in 1 Samuel 1:27-28 and Luke 2:22-24.
The dedication ceremony is a decision made by the parents or parent of the child and not by the child itself. This ceremony is not a substitute for the child’s ultimate personal responsibility before God. In no way does this ceremony guarantee salvation or serve as a substitute for the personal need for children to accept Jesus Christ as Lord when they are aware enough to understand the Gospel.
The dedication ceremony primarily as an Old Testament is a commitment by the parents or parent to train and teach their child Biblical principles, to trust in God, and to be thankful for this blessing. Therefore, we dedicate the child/children of married couples (man and woman) and the child/children of a single parent who is committed to God in the Biblical development of their child and will be obedient to His Word and the following covenant:
- I / We will make Jesus Christ the Foundation of our home (1 Corinthians 3:11).
- I / We will keep the Passion for God before us always (Deuteronomy 5:29).
- I / We will fight for the Authority of God before our Family (Nehemiah 4:14).
- I / We will place trust in God’s Grace for life (Galatians 2:20).
- I / We will love my family Unconditionally as God loves us (Ephesians 5:25).
With your commitment we also, as your church family, commit to continue to believe in God’s design for your family, and we will pray that you will continually look to Jesus Christ for strength, wisdom and the abundant life that only He brings.